Cats is about a lady who runs an animal shelter and struggles to give away animals she considers to be worthy of adoption. This is especially the case with a cat named Lilly, who is friendly and lovable. She always states "What a shame" when nobody adopts her or she gets into conversations about her. At the end of the story, a boy comes along who is trying to revive his dog's spirit by replacing his cat. In doing so, he attempts to buy lilly in a hurried sense. Lilly respond in rage and lashes out in a hissy way and claws the boy across the face. The lady quickly runs the boy past the cat, knowing it was her idea. She then cleans him up and the boy does not end up adopting the cat, nor any other animal.
Overall, I think you have a ton of potential for a good story here. I think you character is a very good one and built up very well. I would like to see more personality in her though. Consider adding a little more in her dialogue. Also, I wanted to see more physical descriptions of the characters, especially the main character.
I think your setting needs to be more defined and more described. I like the fact you have it at an animal shelter, use it. It would make for a very interesting point of the story.
I think in the parts you used dialogue in the story, you used them well. I would suggest you add more dialogue. I think it would have added to the moment at the end if you would have added more dialogue.
For the beginning and ending, I think you were at your best. The beginning started with a strong presence and so did the ending. I think the ending needs to be fleshed out a little more. For example, I would like to know what happens to Lilly or imply what happens.
In the end, I think you did a great job with this story and it has the potential to be something even better.
No comments:
Post a Comment