"A Dream" is the story of a struggling writer/stoner. It is the tory of someone trying to figure out who they are in a world that doesn't make sense and all the while trying to force himself to live a life he thinks should be the one lived. Yet, the main character battles his morals day in and day out, constantly questioning himself and everything he chooses to do. Because of this, the main character is left with nothing, but thoughts that are tainted by weed and self-loathing. This continues until the character finally goes through change and begins to write stories.
Overall, I found this story very interesting. I think we all have friends similar to this and I honestly felt like I was inside their heads, but it was more than just the stoner talk. I felt as if you captured their personality and their desire to escape because of the world making them want to forget. It leads to a very interesting story about someone struggling with themselves, which is always an interesting topic to me.
One of my favorite things about all your stories are the little details. For example, the use of the Killer's song as a distraction or the vivid description of a gravity bong hit. I think you did an excellent job with that. However, on those same notes, I wanted to see more of an affect each one of those things had, especially with the gravity bong.
The beginning of this story is good. It really sets the tone for the rest of the story. It also provides a good insight to what makes the character tick and want to forget some of the things he has experienced. The end left me hanging a little bit. I wanted to know more about the story or what happened with the stories. I think you did a really good job building it up, but I personally want to know what happened with them.
In the end, this is a really good story with a really interesting perspective. It is filled with a lot of good details and a lot of potential. The characters are your strongest point by far, so consider using them more. Otherwise, great job.
No comments:
Post a Comment